Constituency Office Services


  • If so, please contact my constituency office – there are many ways my staff and I can help you by:
    • Providing information on locating government services and contact information.
    • Assisting in understanding government processes and legislation as well as ensuring that you are being treated fairly.           
    • Referring you to other services in the Community or levels of government that can help if your case concerns another jurisdiction such as the federal government or a local authority.
    • Guiding you to available complaint processes if we are not able to get involved in your case.
    • Printing government documents, legislation, discussion papers and other web-based forms if you don’t have Internet access.
    • Recognizing an individual or group in our community who has made a significant contribution, achieved something great, or is celebrating a milestone life event.   new link-
    • Attending events, speaking to groups, providing letters of Welcome  or support for community events.

    Unfortunately we cannot help you if:

    • You have retained a lawyer to represent you pertaining to your case.
    • Your matter is pending before the courts.
    • The police are involved.  We cannot make inquiries about police investigations.  If you have a complaint about police conduct, please direct them to the Office of the Police Complaints Commissioner Add link – or the Civilian Review and Complaints Commission for the RCMP. add link –

    We are also not able to:

    • Offer legal advice or assist with legal action.
    • Overrule any government body’s authority to make a final decision or Influence the outcome of processes set up to be independent of the Legislature.
    • Change time limits for filing appeals.
    • Settle disputes or interfere with Federal or Municipal issues.

    Petitioning the British Columbia Legislative Assembly

    A fundamental concept of parliamentary democracy is the right  to petition the Legislative Assembly.  A petition is a request that specific action  be taken and may only be presented by a Member of the Legislative Assembly. We can accept petitions for Stephanie to present and be included in the public record, but only if you have followed the  guidelines  found here.  ( insert link)

Often constituents are simply looking for information,

and the quickest way to get an answer or help in resolving an issue is to talk to my Constituency assistants.  However, there are some incidences where I will determine that meeting directly with me is the best course of action.  

  1. Start with a letter or email, clearly stating who you are and the reason you hope to meet.  

Include a short summary:

  • describe it in 3 sentences or less
  • why it is important to you and/or how it impacts our community
  • what do you see as solutions to the issue
  • what are you asking the MLA to do?
  1. Remember that an MLA is expected to represent the constituents on a wide range of issues but is unlikely to have in-depth knowledge on all of them.  Feel free to send information in advance as long as it is short and concise.  
  2.  Be on time, stay on topic and keep it simple.

Our goal is to find a resolution to your situation

The steps below will help make the process of opening a case with my office as efficient as possible. 

Taking the time to gather all the information regarding your case first, will allow my staff to dive right in and assist us in reaching a favourable solution to your issue.

  1. The Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act  requires you to fill out and sign a Personal Authorization Form giving my staff and me permission to make inquiries on your behalf. Without your authorization we cannot investigate your case.
  2. Please prepare copies of any and all documents you have that pertain to your issue. If you don’t have access to a photocopier, my office can make copies of documents that are necessary to make inquiries.
  3. Please write out an account of your matter. By providing my office with a detailed description of the case, it will give us a clearer picture and outline to follow when making inquiries. Identify the issue, and then include a description of any actions you have taken, relevant dates, responses you have received and any other additional information that you think will be helpful.
  4. Once you have gathered all of your information you can either mail it to, or drop it off at my constituency office. If you have any questions about compiling your information or initiating your case, please contact my constituency office.

What you can expect to happen when our constituency office receives all the information it needs to make inquiries on your behalf.

Once you have opened a case with us and we have all of your information, my constituency assistant will contact the appropriate government body to start making inquiries and inform them of your case. Our office will keep in touch with you as information regarding your case becomes available. Always feel free to contact us if you have any questions or new information to provide.